|Location||Isa Town, Bahrain|
|Date Posted||November 25, 2019|
To drive a Passenger Bus in a safe and professional manner, to the standards required, taking Customers along pre-determined routes to agreed time schedules. To issue tickets in respect of fares paid and ensure that all customers aboard their vehicle are in possession of a relevant ticket. To assist customers with enquiries and aid boarding for wheelchair-bound passengers where required.
- To control customer loading and ensure the legal capacities are not exceeded.
- To pick up and set down customers at bus stops with due care for their safety as they board and alight the bus.
- To stop for customers and company officials where indicated either at official bus stops by external signs or by request on ‘Hail and Ride’ sections of route only.
- To check vehicles for lost property and hand this to the appropriate staff member in accordance with company procedures.
- To ensure that the bus is roadworthy by doing a complete walk round check on the vehicle and completing the Vehicle Condition Report, in accordance with company training and procedures.
- To use the on-bus radio in a professional manner for the purpose of conveying information or seeking advice.
- To follow company procedures in the event of breakdowns, accidents and emergencies.
- To be fully conversant with any company vehicle to be driven, once vehicle type training has been provided.
- To set all destination blinds to ensure that the information displayed is correct and legible.
- To input fare information into the electronic ticket machine, issue tickets, inspect and record passes including return tickets.
- To check the validity of travel cards, tickets and passes, and to withdraw those suspected as being invalid, in accordance with company procedures
- To treat customers in a courteous and professional manner, and be alert, careful, considerate and helpful at all times during the journey.
- To conform to all rules, regulations and company procedures.
- To follow instructions of any company official.
- To use ramps as required to allow access/egress to the vehicle by disabled/elderly or mobility impaired customers.
- All driving staff must adhere to all of the relevant health, safety, security & environment policies; and be familiar with all defined operational procedures, rules and requirements.
- When operating a bus, all drivers must have in his immediate possession his valid bus driver licence and ID card, as well as his swipe card required to operate the vehicle.
- The driver on the bus has owner's rights and responsibilities and must be trained in First Aid.
- The driver must drive in an economic and safe way which enables environmental benefits such as fuel-saving driving.
- All driving staff must be familiar with public transportation in Bahrain, including means, lines, connections and tariffs.
- All drivers must treat passenger safety and comfort as a priority and maintain a focussed friendly and service-oriented attitude.
- All drivers must be willing to undertake internal driver training.
Required Education and Qualifications
- Must hold a clean driving licence.
- Must have held a clean GCC licence.
- Intermediate or secondary level education with either academic or vocational qualifications.
- Aged 25+ with 5 years heavy driving experience (truck or bus).